Megger Torkel 860 For Hire
Hire rates shown are for one weeks hire. Instruments can be collected from our Leeds office or despatched for AM delivery by our carrier.
- done HTTPS SECURE: Our pages are encrypted and protected from cyber-attack.
- done COMPLIANT: Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Compliant.
- done PROTECTED: by TLS (SSL) - all data/information is secure from interception.
THIS UNIT IS AVAILABLE FOR HIRE ONLY. PLEASE TELEPHONE 0113 2351356 FOR AVAILABILITY AND CARRIAGE RATES.
All test equipment is checked and serviced after every hire. Copies of the calibration certificate are sent out with the tester (where applicable).
ABOUT THIS INSTRUMENT:
The Megger Torkel860 Multi is designed primarily for people who travel from place to place to maintain battery systems having different voltages. It features excellent discharging capacity plus a broad voltage range and outstanding portability - a unique combination.
Batteries in power plants and transformer substations must provide the equipment they serve with standby power in the event of a power failure. Unfortunately, however, the capacity of such batteries can drop significantly for a number of reasons before their calculated life expectancy is reached.
The Torkel 860 is used for systems ranging from 12 to 480 V, and discharging can proceed at up to 110 A. If higher current is desired, two or more Torkel 860 units or extra load units, TXL, can be linked together.
Together, Megger TORKEL and the TXL Extra Loads (not included) form a system that can discharge batteries with currents of up to several kA. TXL Extra Loads are connected directly to the battery, and TORKEL measures the total current using a clamp-on ammeter.
The external current measurement function enables the Torkel to measure the total current in an external path and base regulation on this measurement. A DC clamp-on ammeter (included) has to be used for this measurement. It can be applied at one of the battery terminals or at an inter-cell connector. The clamp-on ammeter must measure the total current, including that which passes through Torkel.
- Batteries can be tested “in service”.
- Unit adjusts to include load currents in the test parameters.
- User adjustable alarm and shutdown points to avoid excessive discharge.
- Easily expandable for larger battery banks using TXL extra load units (option).
- Computerised test operation using TorkelWin software (option).
- Battery voltage range: 5 ranges, selected automatically at start of test.
- Mains voltage: 100 - 240 V AC, 50 / 60 Hz.
- Dimensions: Instrument 210 x 353 x 700mm.
- Weight: 38kg (83.8 lbs) with accessories and transport case.
Hire Includes: Megger Torkel 860, Operating instructions, DC clamp-on CT, cable set & calibration certificate.
No customer reviews for the moment.