Megger Torkel 840 Utility Battery Load Tester
Via a DC clamp-on ammeter, the Megger TORKEL 840 measures total battery current while regulating it at a constant level.
- done HTTPS SECURE: Our pages are encrypted and protected from cyber-attack.
- done COMPLIANT: Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Compliant.
- done PROTECTED: by TLS (SSL) - all data/information is secure from interception.
NB: This product is now obsolete and has been replaced by the Torkel 910, 930 and 950.
The Megger Torkel 840 - UTILITY is used for battery systems ranging from 12 to 250 V - often encountered in switchgear and similar equipment. Discharging can take place at up to 110 A, and if higher current is needed, two or more Torkel 840 units, or extra load units (TXL), can be linked together. Tests can be conducted at constant current, constant power, constant resistance or in accordance with a pre-selected load profile.
Batteries in power plants and transformer substations must provide the equipment they serve with standby power in the event of a power failure. Unfortunately, however, the capacity of such batteries can drop significantly for a number of reasons before their calculated life expectancy is reached.
The TORKEL840 and TXL load units can be combined into systems to match up for different battery capacities. These resistive extra loads do not perform any regulating functions. They are designed for use together with TORKEL Battery Load Units. Their purpose is to provide higher load currents for use in constant current or constant power tests.
Together, Megger TORKEL and the TXL Extra Loads form a system that can discharge batteries with currents of up to several kA. TXL Extra Loads are connected directly to the battery, and TORKEL measures the total current using a clamp-on ammeter.
The external current measurement function enables the Torkel to measure the total current in an external path and base regulation on this measurement. A DC clamp-on ammeter (optional accessory) has to be used for this measurement. It can be applied at one of the battery terminals or at an inter-cell connector. The clamp-on ammeter must measure the total current, including that which passes through Torkel.
- Batteries can be tested “in service”.
- Unit adjusts to include load currents in the test parameters.
- User adjustable alarm and shutdown points to avoid excessive discharge.
- Easily expandable for larger battery banks using TXL extra load units (option).
- Computerised test operation using TorkelWin software (option).
- Torkel 840 units and/or extra load units, TXL, can be linked together if you need higher current.
- Auto warning & shutdown system.
- Serial port used for connection to a PC or other controlling equipment.
- Dimensions: 265 x 460 x 750 mm (10.4” x 18.1” x 29.5”) inc. transport case.
- Weight: 38 kg (83.8 lbs) with accessories and transport case.
- Megger Torkel 840 Warranty: 1 year.
Includes: Complete with: Cable set (GA-00554), Transport case (GD-00054) and Megger Torkel840 Operating instructions.
No customer reviews for the moment.