Chauvin C.A 6472 Earth and Resistivity Tester
The Chauvin C.A 6472 can be used for quick, comprehensive surveys of all earthing configurations, offering all the necessary earth measurement functions in a single instrument.
- done HTTPS SECURE: Our pages are encrypted and protected from cyber-attack.
- done COMPLIANT: Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Compliant.
- done PROTECTED: by TLS (SSL) - all data/information is secure from interception.
The C.A 6472 earth tester is a complete portable measuring device intended for earth measurements, soil resistivity measurements and with the C.A 6474 Pylon box accessory, pylon earth measurements.
Unlike traditional earth testers, the C.A 6472 offers the possibility of analysing the frequency behaviour of earthing systems thanks to its particularly extensive measurement frequency range (from 41 to 5,078 Hz). The use of a high-frequency measurement signal makes it possible to assess the behaviour of an earthing system in the event of lightning.
The 3P method is the traditional method using rods to measure the resistance of an existing earth connection. The C.A 6472 can also be used to measure the resistances of the auxiliary rods RS and RH, as well as any interference voltages, thus allowing more accurate interpretation of the measurement.
The 4P measurement method is particularly well-suited to measuring very low earth resistance values. In the event of several resistances set up in parallel, it is possible to combine this method with a clamp-on ammeter in order to carry out selective measurements. This "4P selective" method saves considerable time as it is no longer necessary to disconnect the earth resistance to be measured.
3P measurement up to 10 kΩ and stray voltages up to 60 V RMS.
4P and selective 4P measurement.
Earth loop measurement with 2 clamps from 0.01 Ω to 500 Ω.
Earth coupling measurement.
Soil resistivity measurement: simply program the distances used for the measurement and the tester then calculates r using the Wenner oe Schlumberger methods.
Ground potential measurement.
Continuity and resistance measurement.
Pylon earth measurement with the C.A 6474.
Chauvin CA6472 Specifications:
- Measurement range: 0.001 Ω to 99.99 kΩ.
- Resolution: 0.001 to 100 Ω (4P/4P selective method).
- No-load voltage: 16 or 32 VRMS.
- Measurement frequency: 41 Hz to 5,078 Hz.
- Measurement of earth rod resistance: 0.01 Ω to 100 kΩ.
- Uinterference: maximum 60 Vpeak.
- Resistivity test method: Wenner and Schlumberger with automatic calculation.
- Memory: 512-record memory.
- Communication: optical link/USB.
- Power: rechargeable 9.6 V 3.5 Ah NiMH battery pack.
- Electrical safety: CAT IV 50 V, complies with IEC 61326-1 / IEC 61010 / IEC 61557-1-4-5.
- Protection rating: IP 53.
- Dimensions: 272 x 250 x 128 mm.
- Weight: 3.2 kg.
- Chauvin CA6472 warranty: one year.
Includes: mains adapter + 2-pole mains cable for recharging the battery from the mains supply, one operating manual in 5 languages on CD-ROM, 5 simplified operating manuals and 5 specific labels, each in a different language. Data export software + USB/optical communication cable and two C182 clamps.
No customer reviews for the moment.