Working within a small and busy company, we are looking for a well organised Technical Sales Engineer to be based at our Leeds office. The main purpose of this role is to support the sales team with your technical and sales knowledge to provide advice and support on a wide range of electrical, electronic & pressure test equipment.
The key responsibilities are:
1. To respond to incoming sales enquiries by phone or email.
2. To provide pre-sales technical assistance and product evaluation.
3. Prepare, process and record quotations using Excel, Word and ACT Database.
5. To process and record new purchase orders, and liaise with purchasing, calibration and accounts to ensure the sales process is completed.
6. To make contact with potential new customers regarding our services.
7. Provide after sales support and technical back up as required.
8. Provide technical presentations and product demonstrations as required.
9. Provide marketing support as required.
1. Proven track record of selling technical equipment to business and members of the public.
2. Proficient in pre and post sales account management and follow through skills, resourcefulness and attention to detail.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional presentation skills, able to work on own initiative.
4. Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
The above tasks are the key aspects of the role but, like any other role, it is not possible to specify every single task and requirement of the role and you are required to carry out any reasonable task required of you.
You must have a clear understanding of the impact your role has on all other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency, in particular with the Sales Supply Chain and Administration.
Establish a friendly and courteous relationship with customers, suppliers & transport companies and deal effectively with any queries or complaints.
Essential Competence requirements:
(i) Ability to operate in a team environment.
(ii) Full driving licence.
(iii) Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
Essential Skills requirements:
(i) Numeracy and literacy skills.
(ii) Good planning and organisation skills with strong attention to detail.
(iii) Good knowledge of IT (particularly Microsoft Office and working with Excel spreadsheets and CRM Databases).
(i) Experience in the sale of Test & Measurement equipment.
(ii) Solid technical background.
Cuthbertson Laird group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
Please contact us by email in the first instance using the contact form on this website. Please include your CV and any other relevant documentation.